- 1 Cheers
- 2 Hi!
- 3 Wikimania - Boston sights to see, things to do
- 4 I should really do something
- 5 local weather
- 6 Film Fest, OLPC
- 7 program
- 8 Hello
- 9 gary p & workshop
- 10 events cal & signup
- 11 Requiring registration for volunteers
- 12 Missing Volunteer Meetings =
- 13 You are holding a tiger for ransom.
- 14 More volunteeritude
- 15 Line
- Thanks! I do love a good cup of tea! Jkbaumga 16:43, 19 May 2006 (UTC)
Hi there! Nice work on the transit pages, etc. Should we create a general transportation page? Getting to and away? I don't know what to call it... Getting to & around Cambridge is a pretty long title, but trans could redirect there.
Also, I note we have a page on calvinball now (ah, the joys of having an open wiki).. it may be time to start a page about the impending librarian invasion as well :) Brassratgirl 03:18, 20 May 2006 (UTC)
Wikimania - Boston sights to see, things to do
Hello... I can't believe Wikimania is coming to Boston/Cambridge. That's the second time this year that a major conference I wanted to attend is going to be in my neck of the woods at precisely the time that I can actually go. I am currently interning with the Art of Japan section of the Museum of Fine Arts, and I am staff at the Museum of Science. I, unfortunately, do not have the pull to get any great number of free passes to either museum, or anything like that, for our fellow Wikimedians, but if there's any ways I can help out, please ask. I'm certainly good just for info, on museum hours and events, things like that, and depending on the timing (whether or not I'm free any particular time), I could be happy to show a small group around either museum. Thanks for organizing and all that; I'm real excited about this. LordAmeth 02:56, 22 June 2006 (UTC)
- P.S. I don't have a Wikimania account, so please respond to me on my Wikipedia talk page. Sorry for the bother. LordAmeth 02:56, 22 June 2006 (UTC)
I should really do something
I live in Acton, near Concord. With plenty of free time this summer, and finding Wikimania 2006 to be nearby—a proximity perhaps not likely to happen again—I think that there must be some assistance I could provide or contribution I could make, both in preparation and during the event. Otherwise, I may find myself a lone attendee shyly shuffling from talk to talk, under some unknown steer, when instead I have the opportunity to take productive action! So, any ideas? --Centrx 04:58, 22 June 2006 (UTC)
hey j, someone on the talk:information wants to know about weather. Er, yeah... this is probably info we should have up somewhere :P Of course, I have no idea. Can you help? t thx Brassratgirl 15:46, 25 June 2006 (UTC)
I suppose I should add links to local media, too. And restaurants! One of these days ...
Jkbaumga 23:35, 29 June 2006 (UTC)
Film Fest, OLPC
Hi J... what's the story behind the film fest and the one laptop per child event? How are the films being selected? Is it too late to submit some of my video blogs? Would love to see the latest version of the OLPC laptop as well. Acarvin 18:11, 8 July 2006 (UTC)
Hey Acarvin! I don't know anything about the film fest or the OLPC event. Maybe sj does ... jkbaumga 20:04, 8 July 2006 (UTC)
- Film festival : thursday or friday nights. OLPC : part or all of hacking days are being held there; there's no "event" as such that I know of. Sj 06:29, 9 July 2006 (UTC)
I saw that! thanks :) she sent me a note during the meeting yesterday. we're exchanging emails.... phoebe 17:46, 11 July 2006 (UTC)
I'm still up in Maine until late August, but I'll be back in Cambridge this fall, and I just got a new job in Waltham, so you'll probably see me skulking about a bit more often.
184.108.40.206 23:11, 20 July 2006 (UTC)
Hooray! (Whoever you are ... ha ha ha ... I can guess) Congrats on your new job! I hope it's a good move. jkbaumga 23:19, 20 July 2006 (UTC)
gary p & workshop
hi j, thanks for updating the schedule. I added gp's name ot the workshop abstract -- is this correct, you're going to be doing the workshop together? See Proceedings:JKB1. I'm going to put up a stub bio, maybe you can help me flesh it out. thx! 220.127.116.11 19:35, 21 July 2006 (UTC)
- drat, that was me, of course. phoebe 19:35, 21 July 2006 (UTC)
That looks good, 18.104.22.168 (; ) )! I'm hesitant to tweak it all much more at this point because Gary and I will hash out what we're doing at the end of next week. jkbaumga 19:53, 21 July 2006 (UTC)
events cal & signup
hiya j! I took the liberty of adding a calendar/signup to the events page... here's hoping some events will self-organize. Feel free to refactor, make prettier, move to the talk page, and/or promote :) phoebe 04:16, 24 July 2006 (UTC)
Requiring registration for volunteers
Hi, I don't know if you're the person to ask about this, but the requirement that all volunteers be registrants seems a little draconian. I'm going to Boston with my girlfriend; I'm registered, she's not. She'd be happy to help at the information or registration desks or wherever else, but she doesn't want to have to pay the registration fee for the privilege of doing so. Is it possible for the registration requirement to be relaxed? I don't know if all the needed positions are being filled, but if not, this seems like an easy way to get more help. Chocodile 18:45, 26 July 2006 (UTC)
- You're right, Chocodile, that not all volunteers want to pay for the conference. Part of the reason the coordinators are requiring that volunteers register is so that there is a headcount of conference attendees and participants and a record of who they are. Unfortunately, I am not the one in charge of who pays, who qualifies for a discount, etc. Perhaps the good folks at wikimania-info [at] wikimedia.org can help. jkbaumga 19:29, 26 July 2006 (UTC)
- Alright, thanks, I sent them an email. Chocodile 20:03, 26 July 2006 (UTC)
Missing Volunteer Meetings =
Hi JkBaumga, I *just* got your message and I'm away today so DAMN i've missed all three meetings about volunteering. What to do?? Remdesign
- Hey Remdesign,
You are holding a tiger for ransom.
I refuse to negotiate with terrorists. Are you a terrorist? Else we can negotiate. ;-)
Sj would like me to do practice games this evening already, if possible. I'll certainly try :-)
What kind of recon have you already done? I guess we'd be going to cambrige commons. I'll figure out around what time hacking days are over for today and start asking folks over.
Kim Bruning 17:43, 2 August 2006 (UTC)
Is there a printer available? Kim Bruning 17:47, 2 August 2006 (UTC)
- I don't consider myself to be a terrorist, but perhaps you should ask the tiger.
- Mmmm. Calvinball!
- Mmmm. Printing. I imagine a printer is available. If not here, then elsewhere definitely. --jkbaumga 19:54, 2 August 2006 (UTC)
If there are more things that help is needed with (e.g. more moving of boxes and the like), feel free to drop me a line at 412.480.3321 (cell). Cya! --Improv 04:50, 5 August 2006 (UTC)
- Well, I guess I do need to start recruiting movers and such ... ha ha ha
- PS -- Don't you ever sleep? --jkbaumga 13:46, 5 August 2006 (UTC)
- Every so often :) I am having a really good time, but in the evening, I really miss my cats and having a nice cup of tea to help me get to bed. Today was fun -- thanks! --Improv 06:01, 6 August 2006 (UTC)
- P.S. if you want to go swimming tomorrow and know of a place, that'd be most cool. --Improv 06:37, 6 August 2006 (UTC)
- PS -- Don't you ever sleep? --jkbaumga 13:46, 5 August 2006 (UTC)
- I can relate to missing cats. I miss mine a bit. I love traveling, but I always miss my cats when I'm gone. Oh, you should have said something about tea. I have some tea I could offload on you and could let you borrow and mug and stuff. Also, there are some great tea places in Harvard Square: Tealuxe, Peet's, that place that has a geographical name ...
- Let's see about swimming~ Maybe we can fit it in today. --jkbaumga 14:52, 6 August 2006 (UTC)
- *puts on sunglasses to deal with brightened day*
- Thanx! Jkbaumga 06:37, 20 August 2006 (UTC)