In other languages :
English (en) | Español (es) | Français (fr) | 日本語 (ja) | Italiano (it) | Português (pt) | 中文 (zh) | +/-
Please also see our FAQ page.
Wikimania 2006 was held from August 4th through August 6th in Cambridge, Massachusetts, on the Harvard Law School campus. On the Law School campus, the main conference building is Pound Hall. Check in here when you arrive at the conference. The conference rooms are in Pound Hall and Austin Hall (Ames Courtroom). Dorms are located in the Gropius Complex nearby.
Harvard University is located on the subway's Red Line at Harvard Square station. Pound Hall, the main Wikimania venue, is located at 1563 Massachusetts Avenue, a few blocks north on Massachusetts Avenue from Harvard Square (when you walk north on Massachusetts Avenue, Harvard campus will be on your right-hand side). Pound Hall is the large building on the right-hand (east) side of the street. See Getting to and around Cambridge for more on the subway and getting to the Harvard campus.
- Registration has closed, but attendees are encouraged to add themselves to this list.
- Travel - information on traveling to Wikimania
- Visas -- general information on visas to go to Wikimania
- Lodging - information on lodging at Wikimania
- Getting to and around Cambridge (local, Boston and Cambridge area travel information)
- Restaurants We've got to eat sometime, right?
- Local shops Drug stores, news stands, grocers, etc.
At the conference
- Conference program information
- Looking for Hacking Days?
- or the Citizen Journalism unconference on Monday?
- Events that are happening - social events and tours, including the party
- An Art and Media contest is occurring, with awards -- enter your work now!
- Wikimania Online - online conference
7-Day Forecast for Boston from NOAA, a US government agency that is reputable and reliable.
Wikimania 2005 archive
Last year's conference was held in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. It was a broadly international event, with 380 participants from over 50 countries. The 2005 site is archived on the Meta-Wiki, and its online proceedings can be found here.