A march hare needs a tea party to talk madly, even past the Fools of April. And you?
- 1 Feedback
- 2 Translation
- 3 flights
- 4 Group Travel
- 5 Logo
- 6 Quick question
- 7 My "journal"
Please leave any questions or comments about the site in this section. (See also the FAQ.)
Ani lo medaber Sefaradit!
As of this morning (US Pacific time) the several links for "registration" (wm06reg.wikimedia.org/) on the main Wikimania page (wikimania2006.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page) lead to a page in Spanish.
While I am far from Hispanophobic, I *am*, sadly, Spanish-challenged enough to not be able to register using the provided form. I assume the links are errors, but if not an alternate link to an English-language form would be appreciated. --starfarmer 13:22, 21 June 2006 (UTC)
Currently, translations are going on meta, not here. If you know any document which is ready to translate, so please list it up on meta:Translation requests/Wikimania. Thanks! --Aphaia 07:31, 23 March 2006 (UTC)
Move translation to this wiki!
No need for people to run back and forth between meta and here. Let's just have standards for when a page should be linked from a main page (after 90% translation, proofreading, &c.).
A really curious japanese guest should be able to see that there's ja: translation going on here without knowing anything about Meta, even though we don't yet have a finished ja: main page. Sj 18:15, 4 April 2006 (UTC)
- I received a reply from a Spanish editor to my latest mail to wikimania-l, asking me to move Spanish contents to the website. Assumedly we are better to encourage editors not only to work here, but also to let them notice they can create their account on this website. --Aphaia 08:49, 14 April 2006 (UTC)
I have translated the main page into Azerbaijani language. But, there is one character (at least)- Ə, that does not seem to be displayed properly on IE. It looks ok, in Firefox though. Does anyone know how to fix it? --TimBits 19:20, 3 July 2006 (UTC)
Is it possible that someone asks a flight-agency to create a table with dates and airports with the cheapest flight? something like (with random numbers and flights):
go/back 10 Aug | 11 Aug | 12 Aug | ... 1 Aug. KLM/500 AA/520 BA/450 ... 2 Aug. Swiss/475 AirF/490 BA/500 ... 3 Aug. ... ... ... ... ...
Destination: New York, JFK
Note: you need to go by train or coach to Boston
- Trains from NYC to Boston (return) are US$54 for "coach class", taking about 4:30, or US$81 for "business class, taking about 3:00.
- Jdforrester 12:40, 17 April 2006 (UTC)
- Buses from Chinatown in New York City to either Chinatown in Boston or South Station, which is near Chinatown and the Red Line (subway), the line Harvard is on, often costs about $15. That's one of the cheapest ways to travel between New York and Boston. They usually leave almost every hour. It's about a 4 hour trip by bus or car from New York to Boston. Fung Wah and Lucky Star are two of the companies with inexpensive tickets. Many people recommend traveling that way. I've taken the bus round trip once with no problems. Jkbaumga 16:36, 19 May 2006 (UTC)
Greyhound buses from Port Authority NYC to Boston are available for $20 each way or $40 round trip and run almost every hour. Click on the esaver fare icon on the home page of the greyhound website.[http://www.greyhound.com/ticketcenter/etickets.shtml
That way people could determine what flight they should book. Especially when some flightcompanies give reduction (NY is often in reduction, now untill june 16. for about a hundred bugs less then usually) This would make searching more easely. We could offer the agency that makes the efford to do this a source-notification, with them we could call it (just to them) a advert :P. Some idea? Effeietsanders 13:59, 16 April 2006 (UTC)
- Might be an idea.
- Jdforrester 14:03, 16 April 2006 (UTC)
the group travel thingies from Continental might be interesting if people coordinate groups > 10 people: http://www.continental.com/specials/group/default.asp 18.104.22.168 16:59, 29 May 2006 (UTC)
Change the logo in the top left to the actual Wikimania logo. It looks much nicer. -Daniel
(No one was on #wikimania...)
What counts as "active contributor"? I mean, I've made a fair amount of edits to Wikipedia, although most of them were anonymous. I'm also a power user at another wiki, and even have my own wiki (which is currently on lockdown). The problem is, without the discount I will probably not be able to attend this conference. Thanks in advance, The Mu 00:17, 30 June 2006 (UTC)
- "Active contributor" = active contributor to a Wikimedia project (e.g., Wikipedia, Wikibooks, etc.) Providing us with a Wikipedia username would be fine. :) Brassratgirl 00:25, 30 June 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks! --The Mu 00:26, 30 June 2006 (UTC)
I made already quite some time ago a journal-like thing of some lenght about my trip to Boston and surroundings, mostly about wikimania. I understood it would get a place in here on the page. Where do I have to put it? And it also includes a little piece of overthinking about my "presentation", maybe interesting to put near my page about that, but in what way? please let me know through meta. Effeietsanders 20:59, 9 October 2006 (UTC)