Cheers. Please leave me a message here, or on meta...
Heya! Jkbaumga 22:18, 18 May 2006 (UTC)
- And hey yourself... Sj
Be careful with that jumping style.
for making the schedule readable ;) Brassratgirl 21:27, 26 June 2006 (UTC)
is there not a contests page? I thought there was. There should be, at any rate. Brassratgirl 06:26, 27 June 2006 (UTC)
- Film festival : thursday or friday nights. OLPC : part or all of hacking days are being held there; there's no "event" as such that I know of.
- Good question... Steve Garfield and some of the Boston MediaMaker vloggers had been talking about having some kind of Boston-area vlogger festival/retrospective. There's a big cybercafe on Newbury that had offered to host public viewings if the group were interested, but I'm not sure if it's large enough to handle large Wikimania crowds. But it would be interesting to pull together examples of some of the more interesting vlogs out there. Having said that, most of us vloggers release our work on noncommercial-attribute-sharealike CC licenses. Would anyone have a problem with that? Acarvin 14:55, 9 July 2006 (UTC)
But sj, what about ArtBeat on Saturday the 15th? jkbaumga 08:12, 10 July 2006 (UTC)
Hi SJ, are you co-ordinating the online-attendance side of things? If you are, here's a few suggestions based on my experience of "attending" Wikimania 2005 online:
- For each talk/presentation/session, can the PPTs/Impress/PDFs/whatever be made available beforehand, so people at home can "follow along" with the visual displays?
- Can we have a "online attendee" landing page, featuring:
- Timetable (with times local to attendee, if technically possible)
- Links to the visual stuff for each talk (see no.1)
- Links to live audio streams for each hall
- Links to the appropiate IRC chatrooms (with info on who will be monitoring them/passing on questions to the hall?)
- Links to daily/live blog ('natch)
- Links to daily/live pictures (via Flickr tag?)
- Technical help
I'd be more than happy to help with setting any of this up. Dan100 08:03, 11 July 2006 (UTC)
Hi, Sj, thanks for the message. I tried setting up a temporary page of Schedule using templates, so we can compare the two versions, but the new page still has printing problems (when printing in Firefox, the bottom portions of the tables are cut off or out of print range; try printing this version in Firefox and you may see) and I couldn't figure out why.
I think the current Schedule page (with ordinary tables) is fine. I set up the templates the other day because I wanted to translate the Schedule into Chinese and keep the formats same across different language versions. But I won't have time these days for the translation, and I guess we can just leave the templates out.
If I missed something or there are any questions, please let me know. Best regards and see you soon! --roc 00:53, 1 August 2006 (UTC)
sj for president!
sj for pres! 220.127.116.11 20:59, 6 August 2006 (UTC)
- Heh! Yeah, great job, sj! Put your feet up.
- Enjoyed the experiene online - an extraordinary amount of stuff available. Some really deep thinkers and articulate presenters. Too much to take in at once. Just off to make a final blog entry.
- Many thanks to you and the rest of the team. Cheers! --Skyring 21:30, 6 August 2006 (UTC)
You may want to archive this website completely? IMO reviving m:Translation requests/Wikimania would be an overaction, a request for translators-l or Meta:Babylon would be enough, but it's up to you, of course. --Aphaia 09:07, 6 September 2006 (UTC)