Lightning talk sign-up
Description and rules: a lightning talk is a five minute or less quick presentation of a project (including unfinished projects), ideas, or product. A talk should generally take three minutes or less and leave a minute or two for quick questions; more extensive questions can be addressed informally and one-on-one at the end of the session. Lightning talks provide an intensive and fun way to see a number of presentations in a short period of time. In the three minutes provided you should be able to describe your topic, explain the key details, and give your listeners a sense of why it's interesting. Lightning talks are not arranged thematically though if there are a large number of related talks, for instance on technical topics, they may be grouped together.
There will be a projector available, though please consider carefully whether you'll need it due to the short time available.
There will be three sessions, Friday, Saturday and Sunday afternoon. Sign up below. Please list your name, title of the presentation, and if desired, a link to more information (can be placed on a userpage). First come, first served...
- Socio-political aspects of the PRC wikipedia block - User:Roadrunner
- - Words and Meanings in WiktionaryZ. (Evgeny Genkin)
- - Why WYSIWIKI? (D. K. Jennings)
- - Wikipedia in rural communities of northern Venezuela 
- - Build a Skyscraper in 30 Seconds -- An Introduction to Google SketchUp and an invitation to creating its Wikibook. (Yosofun 02:39, 31 July 2006 (UTC)) (Moved to Sunday at 2 PM EST --Yosofun 19:36, 5 August 2006 (UTC))
- - TinLizzie: A Wysiwiki system for sharing dynamic media-rich contents. (Takashi Yamamiya and Yoshiki Ohshima)
- - dungodung: Language Conversion in Serbian Wikimedia projects
- - Creating a Latin-Arabic bi-script Wiki. --Emil 03:01, 3 August 2006 (UTC)
- - The Green Commons - Environmental sustainability meets Mediawiki. Tom Brennan 3 August 2006
- - Uncyclomania At A Glance -- PantsMacKenzie 20:11, 4 August 2006 (UTC)
- - OpenWetWare: wiki for biologists -- Ilya 22:17, 4 August 2006 (UTC)
- - Accessibility and Mediawiki -- Callie Carroll 5 August 2006 (UTC)
- - Making the free content available: Can Wiki techniques be used to make open archives accessible? - Andre Engels
- - General User Survey: Studying Ourselves - The Final Push (needed). By Piotrus
- - Build a Skyscraper in 30 Seconds -- An Introduction to Google SketchUp and an invitation to creating its Wikibook. (Yosofun 19:44, 5 August 2006 (UTC))
- (This will be sometimes in the middle of the section, after I hop over from another lecture.)
- - Working Efficiency in Wikipedia
- - 1911encyclopedia.prg
- - Rumor Inspiration
- - Wiki Scene in Japan - How Japanese people utilise Wiki (ODP) - By Takashi OTA User:Takot
- - Wikiphone
- - Baidupedia Issue in China. by roc, theodoranian, et al.
Please send questions to email@example.com. See also the online conference.