We're three days before the conference, and there are people who wish to be reimbursed because they can't make it to Cambridge for Wikimania. Here are the steps to follow if you will not attend the conference.
If you pre-registered without accommodation
- In case you wish to cancel your registration before Thursday 3rd August please follow the following procedure:
- Cancellations filed before Thursday 3rd August 2006 will be taken into account and refunded in part. After this date, refunds will not be possible, as we will have counted you in the numbers that matter, namely meals.
- Send us an e-mail at email@example.com asking to cancel your registration. Please include name provided at registration, reservation number, amount paid and means of payment.
- For all cancellations a 10% penalty will apply. Refunds will occur in dollars (USD) and dollars only. No other currency will be used for reimbursement. The 10% penalty will be based on the currency used.
- If you wish to cancel your reservation and donate the money to the Wikimedia Foundation instead of having a refund, please specify so in your e-mail, the money will be then treated as a normal donation.
If you pre-registered with accommodation
For the conference part, the same rules apply. For the accommodation part, you will be refunded in full for your accommodation fees if you have not attended the conference. Follow the same procedure as above, and specify that you need reimbursement for accommodation and what type of accommodation.