please help me to add the lang link to the main page. I can't edit it. thank you!--Vipuser 11:54, 28 March 2006 (UTC)
Just sayin' Hey!
Hey! I have an account over here now. = ) Jkbaumga 22:21, 18 May 2006 (UTC)
- hmm, works ok for me... Brassratgirl 01:42, 23 May 2006 (UTC)
Hey Laurence - thanks for putting your bio up. Sorry I hadn't gotten to it yet! Looks good. Brassratgirl 16:46, 23 June 2006 (UTC)
- You're welcome, and no problem. I like the template system you have setup here for it. GreenReaper 20:46, 23 June 2006 (UTC)
Hi my name is leBron Bicic I from school Culombia Scholarship in 12th grade. Im from New York.
Thank you for the redirect to Proceedings_talk:KD1. I wrote a bit there that I hope will be interesting to Rob Lucas, the presenter, and others. It is a presentation right down my ally! :-) --Rogerhc 05:54, 29 June 2006 (UTC)
Regarding the program page:
I've never seen an official program schedule done as a wiki before so the implications are boggling. However, a few questions:
- The list looks to be alphabetical, but Jimmy Wales is first. Is this because (despite denials) he is a Benevolent Dictator for Life. Is it because he believes himself more famous or influential on society than, say, Larry Lessig or Even Moglen? Is it because no one wants to piss him off by burying his name at the end? (If he's spent 39.9 years as a "W", he's probably used to it by now).
- There are more than 100 speakers or panelists but only 20 are on the front page. So how are the names on the front page selected? I grok Wales, Lessig, Moglen, Gillmor and Kahle, but not most of the rest.
Joelwest 07:58, 7 July 2006 (UTC)
- Hi Joel! To answer your questions:
- 1) Jimmy is our founder :) and this is a Wikim/pedia conference. It's a courtesy to list him at the top, and people expect to see his name. It's like listing Tim O'Reilly at the O'Reilly conferences.
- 2) The folks on the front page were all specially invited; they are all known within their respective fields. That list may get switched out soon so as not to become stale, but for now it's a pretty good indicator of the breadth of our conference. phoebe 22:17, 7 July 2006 (UTC)
Help with the Program
Hey Brassratgirl, I want to make sure you see this comment from the Volunteers page from Betsythedevine who wants to help you with the program:
"Hi Phoebe, I'd like to help with this. What do you need? Betsythedevine 23:53, 10 July 2006 (UTC)"
jkbaumga 17:42, 11 July 2006 (UTC)
Yay! that you two have been in touch already. jkbaumga 17:51, 11 July 2006 (UTC)
Thanks for the note. Looks like you're doing excellent work. I look forward to sharing a beer with you in a third city. - Ray - Eclecticology 03:09, 20 July 2006 (UTC)
- and I will need it, too! :) phoebe 00:43, 21 July 2006 (UTC)
could you add a link to a page for the Wikinews discussion in the program (session 6)? Angela asked me to moderate that one. Wikinews discussion would be fine with me for a page title, but you can also give it one of your standard titles.--Eloquence 20:18, 24 July 2006 (UTC) (evil protected pages ;-)
Yo there, Cathy from Hong Kong who presented with you last year :). Thanks's for all the coordination - can't wait to see you guys soon. Feel free to send me the program if it's confirmed, or we can fix it up together....
- ) --Cma 03:56, 26 July 2006 (UTC)
I'm going to be here around the 31st, and I love cutting papers and luminating them haha, and basically I will help out anything that you guys are too busy for :) I'm the good Chinese Samaritan haha. Hey but let's grab a drink when I get in town, it's a 23 hours flight I will need some alcohol lol --Cma 01:48, 27 July 2006 (UTC)
Hi, I uploaded the times into the program, and fixed a few that changed. If there was more than one talk in a session, I estimated the time based on equal timing and added "approx" afterwards. Look forward to seeing you on Friday, thanks for all of your hard work, Walkerma 04:38, 2 August 2006 (UTC)
Hey. Just to let you know I added alternate format versions of most of the slides you uploaded; also, I moved them to filenames of the form '<code> slides.<format>' (e.g. LP1 slides.odp and prettified the /Slides subpages a little so they match the slides uploads I'd previously done. Hope this is ok! --Nick Boalch 10:18, 30 August 2006 (UTC)